Featured post

Douglas Hall v Bohemians (Waterford) 26.03.2004

Douglasx Hall v Bohemiansx (Waterfordx) 26.03.2004
Match details below
Please keep sharing and retweeting these pics. And, if you can, let clubs that are not on Facebook or Twitter and those that have folded know about them. Please share these photos on the internet as best you can as a lot of work has gone into them. When sharing individual photos on social media, please credit @CorkBilly on Facebook . Be sure too to download and keep copies for your own club.


Douglas Hall 0 Waterford Bohemians 2

Waterford Bohs scored in the 7th and 88th minutes to record a 2-0 win over Douglas Hall in the semi-final of the Lucozade Sport Munster Youths Cup under the Turner’s Cross lights at the weekend.

The lively visitors almost scored a third two minutes into injury time but 3-0 would have been a huge injustice to the Hall. As it was, the scoreline was flattering to the visitors whose first goal was one of the softest they’ll ever get when a Conor Mullane corner was dropped over his own line by the Hall keeper. 

The Hall were on the ropes, keeper and defence uncertain for a spell. Bohs sensed it and went hunting  for the second, the talented Eddie Nolan just over with a long range drive from the left that had O’Donovan flapping.

The Hall’s best spell came in the third quarter and they put the visiting defence under severe pressure, illustrated by the fact that Nolan (for a 48th minute tackle) and Kenny Brown (for a 64th minute handball) were each booked by referee Pat Murphy.

Douglas created their best chance in the 63rd minute. Then Shane Kennedy played the hard–working Steve Barry free. Barry wheeled away from his marker but failed to beat advancing keeper Murray with his lob. Barry recovered the loose ball and crossed low into the six yard box but Kennedy, who had kept running, just failed to reach it as it sped a few frustrating inches out of his reach.

In 86th minute, Hall skipper Seamus Long controlled a throw-in from the right by Mark O’Callaghan and shot on the turn but his flying drive took a deflection and flew over the bar. It was the Hall's last chance of an equaliser.

Bohs broke from the corner, Pender and sub Sean Fitzpatrick leading the charge. Pender eventually had the shot but blasted wide past the exposed keeper O’Donovan. O’Donovan was then switched upfield and it was sub Paddy O’Donoghue who was isolated in the 88th minute. Pender broke into the right hand side of the box and pulled the ball back to Brown who blasted in the second.

Douglas Hall: Adrian O’Donovan (captain), Kevin O'Sullivan, Graham Coughlan, Derek O'Sullivan, Seamus Long, Mark O'Callaghan, Fergal McDonald, Shane Kennedy, Niall Burke, Steve Barry and Richard Arnopp. Subs used: Barry McGrath for McDonald (56th minute) and Padraig O’Donoghue for Arnopp (87th).
Waterford Bohemians: A. J. Murray, Conor Mullane, Eddie Nolan, Brian O’Connor, Kenny Browne, Stephen Grant (captain), Robbie Gaule, Joe Veslo, Stephen Murphy, Morgan Pender and Paul Quinlan. Subs used: Thomas Ryan for Veslo (75th minute, injured) and Sean Fitzpatrick for O’Connor (81st)
Referee: Pat Murphy.

Douglas Hall

Bohemians (Waterford)