Featured post

Ballincollig v Leeside 06.06.2004 County Cup Final

Ballincollig v Leeside 06.06.2004
County Cup Final
Please keep sharing and retweeting these pics. And, if you can, let clubs that are not on Facebook or Twitter and those that have folded know about them. Please share these photos on the internet as best you can as a lot of work has gone into them. When sharing individual photos on social media, please credit @CorkBilly on Facebook . Be sure too to download and keep copies for your own club.



Ballincollig 2 Leeside 1

Ace sharpshooter Dave Kenny scored twice in the opening nine minutes as Ballincollig defeated a game Leeside outfit 2-1 in the final of the Murphy’s Stout County Cup at Turner’s Cross yesterday morning.

Kenny’s first strike, from about nine yards, came after the Leeside defence failed to clear a first minute corner. The second was set up by promising youth player Richard O’Brien and Kenny’s superb finish gave keeper Greg O'Sullivan no chance.

Leeside though were cheering loudly just before the break when they pulled one back. The goal was made by Barry Brady and finished superbly, low across the keeper, by Under 17 player Brian O'Sullivan.

Brady and O’Sullivan were probably the top two Leeside players and they kept the pressure on for much of the second half. But there were narrow escapes at the other end also, as there were in the first half when Kenny missed a couple of chances of completing his hat trick.

Leeside: Greg O'Sullivan, Cathal Kelly, Colin Ahern, Jimmy O'Sullivan, Eddie O'Mahony (captain), Rory Ahern, Brian O'Sullivan, Kieran Murphy, Paul Hayes, Martin Buckley and Barry Brady. Subs used: Pat Barrett for Kelly (57) and Luke Hickey for Hayes (69).
Ballincollig: Owen Walsh, Matt O'Regan, Adrian Brady, John Kelleher, Trevor Brady, Pat Flanagan, Colin Weste, Jason O'Leary, Anthony Hogan (captain), Dave Kenny and Richard O’Brien. Subs:  Dave Sweeney for O'Leary (65), John McAlpine for Kenny (76) and Terry Coomey for Kelleher (85).
Referee: Sean Hegarty.