Featured post

Leeside v Grattan United 29.02.04

Leesidex v Grattan Unitedx 29.02.04
Match details below
Please keep sharing and retweeting these pics. And, if you can, let clubs that are not on Facebook or Twitter and those that have folded know about them. Please share these photos on the internet as best you can as a lot of work has gone into them. When sharing individual photos on social media, please credit @CorkBilly on Facebook . Be sure too to download and keep copies for your own club.


Leeside 3 Grattan Utd 1
Grattan United scored first at Little Island but Leeside came back strongly, particularly in the second half, to record a 3-1 win and move into joint second place in the Murphy’s Stout AUL Premier League.

Grattan opened the scoring in the 13th minute. Darren Geaney dispossessed Micky Coughlan on the left and passed inside to Barry O'Rourke who sent a measured ball through for John Kelleher. Keeper Dermot O’Brien advanced but Kelleher got past and shot home from an acute angle.

Soon afterwards, Leeside’s Conor O’Leary saw his headed effort cleared off the line before Leeside equalised in the 20th minute when Frank Walsh’s 15 yard shot travelled into the Grattan net via Eric Shinkwin’s boot.

Leeside started to gain more control as the second half went on and John Corcoran missed an inviting chance when he blasted over from close range after Wayne Barrett had delivered a great ball from a 40 yards free kick.

Leeside went ahead in the 65th minute when Conor O'Leary, who had been close on a  few earlier occasions, guided his effort into the back of the net after Frank Walsh had knocked the ball through for him.

Geaney went close as Grattan did everything in their power to get  back into the game but Leeside struck a killer blow in the 80th minute. Then Ger O’Mahony tucked the ball into the Grattan net from a Damien O'Leary corner.

Leeside: Dermot O’Brien, Wayne Barrett, Micky Coughlan, Stephen Walsh, Ger O’Mahony, Frank Walsh, John Corcoran, Mick Kenneally, Conor O’Leary, Nick Charalambous and Damien O'Leary. Subs used: Brian O’Sullivan for Kenneally (70th minute) and  Conor Aherne for Charalambous (77th).
Grattan Utd: Adam Lynch, Derek O’Driscoll, Denis Cremin, Paul Lynch, Harry Goulding, Barry O’Rourke, John O’Riordan, Owen Kiely, Darren Geaney, Mark O'Sullivan and Eric Shinkwin. Subs used: John Kelleher for Goulding (6th minute), Damien Peelo for Shinkwin (54th) and Graham Forde for O’Driscoll (68th).
Referee: Christy Byrne