Featured post

Mayfield United Photographs 1980-2001

Blarney Street v Dripsey Celtic 18.01.04

Blarney Streetx v Dripseyx 18.01.04
Match Details below. Dripsey in green/white

Please keep sharing and retweeting these pics. And, if you can, let clubs that are not on Facebook or Twitter and those that have folded know about them. Please share these photos on the internet as best you can as a lot of work has gone into them. When sharing individual photos on social media, please credit @CorkBilly on Facebook . Be sure too to download and keep copies for your own club.


Blarney Street Athletic 3 Dripsey Celtic 1

Blarney Street Athletic took their chances well as they advanced to the third round of the Murphy’s Stout Corinthians Cup with a deserved 3-1 win over first division visitors Dripsey Celtic at Monard.

Dripsey, without a game for four weeks, looked ring rusty at times and gave the ball away regularly. Their defence was slow in the third minute and were punished when John Paul Thompson's low cross was finished off from close in by Eric Dunlea.

Blarney Street did double their advantage in the 28th minute. This time, Gary Coughlan’s cross broke out to Mark Bennett and his well placed low effort beat Moynihan's dive to his right.

Dripsey did play somewhat better after the break and scored a smashing goal on the hour. Aidan Buckley had a terrific game on the right and his cross was headed to the net by Gary Murphy.

But Dripsey’s joy was diluted in the very next minute when John Paul Thompson cut in and fired an unstoppable shot high onto Moynihan’s net to make  it 3-1 to the city side.
Blarney Street Athletic: Gearoid O’Brien, Denis O'Sullivan, Wayne O'Leary, Alan Conroy, Eoin St ledger, Gary Coughlan, Roy O’Halloran, Mark Bennett, Colin McKeown, John Paul Thompson and Eric Dunlea. Subs: Ger Cronin, Jason Murphy, Derek Power, Mark McCabe and Kenneth Landon.
Dripsey Celtic: Ray Moynihan, Aidan Buckley, Noel O'Sullivan, Conor Twomey, Sean Madden, Davy Buckley, Finbarr O'Sullivan, Tom Doyle, Ray Murphy, John Hogan and Ross Underhill. Subs: Eamonn Morrish, Gavin Holland and Brian Linehan.
Referee: Pat Cronin.