Featured post

Kinsale v Carbury 14.12.03

Kinsale v Carbury 14.12.03
Details Below
Thanks for sharing and retweeting these pics. Quite a few clubs are not on Facebook or Twitter and others have folded. Please share these photos on the internet as best you can as a lot of work has gone into them. When sharing individual photos on social media, please credit @CorkBilly on Facebook . Be sure too to download and keep copies for your own club.


Kinsale 2 Carbury Celtic 1
(after extra time)

Jeremy O’Donovan scored the winner as Kinsale advanced in the Statoil FAI Junior Cup with a 2-1 extra time win over Sligo visitors Carbury Celtic. Kinsale had a great start here, scoring in the 12th minute, but Carbury fought back well and equalised in the first half.

Both Derek McCarthy and skipper Dave Barry went close for Kinsale before McCarthy broke away to outfox Carbury keeper David Scanlon and open the scoring.

Keith Lynch was soon to emerge as a dangerman on the Sligo team. He set up captain Shane Hayes for a shot that came back off the post and then forced home keeper David O'Callaghan into action himself.

In the 24th minute, Lynch was again bothering the home defence. Gearoid Cummins took him down in the box and Hayes equalised from the spotter.

Both teams had their chances before Jeremy came up with the winner four minutes into extra time, arriving at the back post just in time to stab the ball home after the visitors had failed to clear a corner kick.

Kinsale: David O’Callaghan, Florence Lynch, Sean Foran, Gearoid Cummins, Peter Jones, Pat Murphy, Jeremy O’Donovan, Derek McCarthy, Sean Prior, Stephen O'Donovan and Dave Barry (captain). Subs used: David O’Donovan for Foran  (at half-time) and Gary O’Sullivan for Prior (75th minute).
Carbury: David Scanlon, Ronan Foley, John Loftus, Eoin Conlon, Mark Quinn, Adrian McGarry, Keith Lynch, Shane Hayes (captain), Paul Masterson, Nigel Harganlon and Darren Dunbar. Subs used: Colin Harganlon for Loftus (53rd minute), Cathal Leggatt for Conlon (62nd) and Marcus Lyons for Nigel Harganlon (extra time, 5th minute).
Referee: Damien O'Mahony