Featured post

Coachford 18s 18.10.03

Coachford 18s 18.10.03
Thanks for sharing and retweeting these pics. Quite a few clubs are not on Facebook or Twitter and others have folded. Please share these photos on the internet as best you can as a lot of work has gone into them. When sharing individual photos on social media, please credit @CorkBilly on Facebook . Be sure too to download and keep copies for your own club.
Coachford 18s


Hibernians  2 Coachford 3
 Coachford marched on to the third round of the Lucozade Sport Munster Youth Cup with a hard earned 3-2 win over host Hibernians. The visitors enjoyed a good first quarter but suffered in the second before coming good after the break of an entertaining game that saw both teams producing attacking football.

Errea Sports Man of the match Ciaran Lucey of Coachford opened the scoring in the 15th minute with a fine goal. He worked his way out of defence and up the pitch, showing little regard for would be tacklers as he glided past each one. Then, from 18 yards out, he placed a beautiful shot beyond the Hibs goalkeeper Oisin Bruce.

David Moynihan was playing competently in the Coachford goal and made a good save from a long range effort by Shane O'Donoghue and then comfortably held a Danny Kiely effort. 

Battling Hibs were to be rewarded in the 26th minute. O’Donoghue won good possession in the middle and sent Com O’Callaghan free on the right and Colm's 18 yarder sped past the left hand of the Coachford keeper and into the corner of the net.

Lucey now had a job to do at the back and he marshalled the Coachford defence well. In the 38th minute, he set up a good move when he got Barry Kiely away on the right. Kiely picked out Roy Lynch at the far post but Lynch, much to his own disgust, headed wide with the goal at his mercy.

And Coachford were punished in the next minute. They failed to clear their lines and regular marksman David O'Mahony took full advantage to put the home side ahead. And it could have been better for Hibs. In the 41st minute, James Kelleher had a chance from close range but Moynihan made a super save and tipped the ball round the post for a corner.

Still time for another first half fright for Coachford when O’Donoghue sent a neat ball through for Colm Callaghan and his good effort was cleared off the line by a Coachford defender.

O'Mahony, after good work by Kieran Goldsmith and James Kelleher, dragged his shot wide from a good position just after the break and then Coachford’s skilful right sided player Barry Kiely received a perfect pass from Lucey out of defence, jinked beyond two Hibs defenders but fired his shot narrowly over the bar.

Coachford were to get their equaliser in 60th minute. Lynch sent a corner from the left and Barry Kiely’s header sent the ball crashing into the net.

Kiely missed a great chance a few minutes later but blasted over with an open goal at his mercy. He did make amends in the 65th minute. He beat the offside trap to latch onto a ball over the top and his lob over the advancing Bruce was perfect and Coachford were 3-2 up and in front to stay.

Action at both ends as the game drew to a close. Kevin Finnegan went close for the visitors with a shot that flew just over and then Bruce dived to his right to push away a Lynch shot. Hibs kept trying but time and again ran up against Lucey whose precise tackling, fine distribution and leadership qualities made him a deserving winner of the Errea Sports Man of the Match Award.

Hibs: Oisin Bruce, Stephen Murphy, Kieran Goldsmith, David Daly, Mark Coughlan, Colm Callaghan, David O’Mahony, Danny Kiely, James Kelleher, Shane O’Donoghue, Francis Moynihan.
Coachford: David Moynihan, Donal Casey, Ken O’Connor, Barry Buckley, Ciaran Lucy, Barry Kiely, Roy Lynch, Ross Mulligan, Mark Healy, David Harrington and Kevin Finnegan. Subs used: Derek Daly and Frank Bergin for Mark Healy and David Harrington (both 81st minute).
Referee: Stephen O’Connell.